Focus V Carta Troubleshooting
The best-selling Focus V Carta V2 Electric Dab Rig is equipped with the latest technology the smoking industry has to offer. Although this device is easy to use, both new and long-time users may have questions or experience minor issues with their unit. KING’s Pipe is here to help, and we’ve created this page to help users answer questions, resolve issues, and get the most out of their dab rig.
Focus V Carta Not Turning On
If you’re having problems turning your Focus V Carta on, chances are the battery may be to blame.
Troubleshooting a new Focus V Carta:
- Make sure you charge your new Carta unit (using the included charger) for two hours before use.
- Check if the battery caps have been removed.
- Check for any material, dust, or damage that may be causing the interruption of energy flow.
Troubleshooting a used unit:
- Check for any dust, material, or damage.
Focus V Carta Not Heating Up
If your Focus V Carta is on but not heating up, the atomizer may be the issue.
Blinking blue LEDs indicate the unit is in the process of heating up. When the LEDs turn green, it’s ready.
Troubleshooting the Focus V Carta’s atomizer:
- Check the connection of the wire between the atomizer and the metallic part of the atomizer. The atomizer shouldn’t be screwed on too tightly, as this may cause connectivity issues and heating problems.
- If the atomizer is properly placed and there are no connection issues, check the atomizer itself for any material, dust, or damage that may be causing the problem.
Maximizing the Use of Your Focus V Carta
The Bluetooth capability of this dab rig makes for a smooth smoking experience. When you’ve finished troubleshooting your Focus V Carta and you’re ready to use it, here are a few essential tips:
- Place your product in the quartz insert. Focus V advises using no more than 0.2–0.3 grams.
- Turn on the app and set the unit’s temperature between 700° to 720° F.
- Take a long, slow hit with a small to medium load. The Carta is not designed for gram dabs!
- Important: do not overload the unit, as performance may suffer and cleaning will be more difficult.
- Clean the unit with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab between each use or between users.
How to Clean Your Focus V Carta
In addition to troubleshooting your Focus V Carta, the key to reducing issues is to keep the Everlast atomizer and other vape parts clean every time you use it. If the atomizer isn’t clean or is too full of concentrate, the Carta does not recognize that it is attached and won't heat up. Here’s a video showing how to clean the Carta Atomizer.
Focus V Carta Warranty Information
The manufacturer, Focus V, provides warranties on their products.
- Focus V Carta Base - 1 Year
- Carta Everlast Atomizer - 6 Months
- Carta Dry Herb Atomizer - 90 Days
*Focus V asks us to direct our customers to them if their products have any issues. Please kindly contact the manufacturer at email@example.com if your Carta or its accessories are having problems. We suggest you attach a video showing the malfunction, as well. They will take care of you.
Trouble Shooting Guide Video
Flashing LED Guide: 8 Red Flashes
Flashing LED Guide: 8 White Flashes
Flashing LED Guide: 7 Red Flashes
Flashing LED Guide: 3 Orange Flashes
Flashing LED Guide: 5 Yellow Flashes
Flashing LED Guide: 3 Yellow Flashes